A group of Holyokers (resident or honorary) to think about how the Victory Theatre Project can achieve its goals, be nurtured and sustained. MIFA Victory Theatre should be the major cultural institution that Holyoke has never had before, one that people love, are proud of and take care of for future generations.
MIFA Victory Theatre Community Advisory Committee Members
Maurice Ferriter, Senior Partner Ferriter & Ferriter Law Office
Helen Casey, Owner Posters Inc.
Barbara Bernard, Republican Columnist
Doris Ransford, Retired
Jason Rivera, Assistant Vice President Small Business Banking First Niagara Bank
Kathy Anderson, President of the Greater Holyoke Chamber of Commerce
Ray Feyre, Former City Councilor
Bob Gilbert, President Dowd Insurance
Jim Lavelle, Manager Holyoke Gas & Electric
Joe McGiverin, City Councilor at Large
Elaine Pluta, Former Mayor
Brendan Ciecko, Ten Minute Media
Timothy Grader, Director of Marketing & Communications American International College
The Advisory Committee will provide guidance in the following areas:
- Economic Development opportunities posed by this project
- Platform for renovation project funding and support
- School performances support/ education program support
- Fund to insure inclusion of high-end national and international programming (Business plan calls for $625,000 annual local fundraising)
- Holyoke theme based projects
- Holyoke generated performance events i.e. theater, opera, music, film, media, literature, special guest appearances etc.
- The development of the adjacent Holyoke House, the blocks behind and in front of the theater.
- Establishment of contingent professional rehearsal and workshop rehearsal spaces, an independent film making studio, access to Heritage State Park, a large scale museum etc.
- Endowment fund